An ET report quoted Jefferies analyst Mahesh Nandurkar as saying that this surge in tourism will benefit various sectors, including hotels, airlines, hospitality, FMCG, travel ancillaries, and cement.
Here are 7 Indian companies listed on the stock market that are involved in the Ayodhya and Ram Mandir project:
1) L&T: Construction giant Larsen and Toubro (L&T), known for building iconic structures like the Sardar Patel statue in Gujarat, is responsible for the design and construction of the Ram Mandir. The three-storeyed temple, located within a 70-acre complex, is built without the use of corrosive metals like iron or steel. L&T claims that this engineering marvel can last for a thousand years. L&T shares have seen a 3% increase this month.
2) Havells India: Havells India has supplied and installed exquisite indoor lighting products to enhance the aesthetic appeal and spiritual ambiance of the sacred temple. The electrical goods manufacturer has meticulously designed these products with customized form factors, optics, materials, and exclusive finishes to accentuate the architecture. Havells shares have experienced a 2% decline in January.
3) Pakka: The Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust has partnered with Pakka to use compostable plates, bowls, and spoons within the temple premises. The Ayodhya Development Authority has also mandated the use of eco-friendly tableware in all tent cities in the town. The stock of Pakka has seen a remarkable 45% surge this month.
4) SIS: Private security group SIS Ltd has signed an agreement with the Ram Mandir Trust to deploy its personnel at the temple complex in Ayodhya. Their role is to assist devotees and support the security forces deployed in the area. SIS shares have rallied by 11% this month.
5) Allied Digital Services: Mumbai-based Allied Digital Services has been selected as the Master System Integrator (MSI) for the integration of CCTV surveillance with the existing ITMS Control Room for the Ayodhya Smart City Project. ADSL will establish a multi-location CCTV surveillance system, install new cameras, and integrate the current CCTV network into a unified system connected to the existing ITMS control room. The stock of Allied Digital Services has witnessed a growth of 44% in January.
6) Genesys International: Genesys International, a provider of mapping technology solutions, has been chosen to create the official map for Ayodhya city. Their New India map platform offers state-of-the-art 2D navigation and a 3D digital representation of the entire city, providing users with an immersive experience. The stock of Genesys International has seen an increase of around 8% this month.
7) Apollo Sindoori Hotels: Chennai-based Apollo Sindoori Hotels, known for its hospitality service management and support services, is constructing a multi-level parking facility in Ayodhya’s Tedhi Bazar to accommodate visitor vehicles. The structure spans over 3,000 square meters and includes a rooftop area exclusively for restaurants, capable of serving more than 1,000 devotees at a time. The stock of Apollo Sindoori Hotels has surged by approximately 48% in January.