Gone are the days when dating revolved around traditional face-to-face interactions, where discovering someone’s habits and preferences was as simple as striking up a conversation. The dating landscape is now a dynamic weave of red, green, and even white flags, signaling that the art of dating is far more complex than ever before.
No longer confined to dating someone from the immediate vicinity, neighborhood, or even the same city, people now have the power to navigate through a vast sea of potential matches scattered across the country.
As individuals increasingly look inward, the dating landscape is evolving to celebrate authenticity, setting the stage for a transformative year of self-prioritization and empowered connections. Bumble’s India Communications Director, Samarpita Samaddar says, “2024 will usher in a year of self-discovery, with single Indians empowered to prioritize their values and set clear boundaries in their romantic lives.”
According to Bumble’s 2024 dating trends, individuals are increasingly prioritizing self-reflection and personal considerations within their relationships – a transformative period where personal priorities, authenticity, and empowered connections take center stage in the pursuit of meaningful relationships. Drawing from the experiences and perspectives of over 25,000 singles worldwide, Bumble’s annual predictions paint a vivid picture of the shifts in the dating world.
Dating Trends for 2024
As per the dating app survey in the upcoming year 2024, there’s more than half (59%) of Indian women expressing a clear vision for their romantic lives in the new year- expressing a clear view of what they want from their romantic lives.
1. Val-Core Dating: In a world increasingly focused on shared values, the rise of Val-Core dating emphasizes the importance of actively engaging in social causes. Bumble’s research reveals that 25% of individuals consider their partner’s involvement in politics and social causes as a key factor in attractiveness. Human rights issues top the list of social causes that matter most to Indian singles, with 64% expressing this preference.
2. Betterment Burnout: The era of constant self-improvement is giving way to a rebellion against the pressure to optimize every aspect of life. A significant 68% of women globally are actively seeking contentment in the present, with 56% of Indian women only considering partners who accept them as they are.
3. Intuitive Intimacy: Emotional intimacy takes center stage as individuals prioritize security, safety, and understanding in relationships. For 35% of Indian singles, emotional intimacy surpasses physical connection in importance, with 78% of women emphasizing the need for a partner who understands both aspects.
4. Open-Hearted Masculinity: Conversations around masculinity and vulnerability are reshaping relationships, with 25% of men globally embracing increased openness. In India, 26% of men report positive impacts on mental health, while 37% consider a lack of vulnerability a dating dealbreaker.
5. MVP (Most Valuable Partner): Sports enthusiasts are finding common ground in dating, with 35% of single Indians considering a shared love of sports a ‘must-have.’ Sports-related activities, such as attending games together, are gaining importance in dating dynamics.
6. Consider-Date: Prioritizing mental health and self-care, 58% of singles are embracing ‘slow-dating’ in 2024. Indian women, in particular, are seeking partners who value both time and self-care, challenging the notion of treating dating as a checklist exercise